Tag Archives: playgrounds
In the last two weeks we have enjoyed…
- A visit with Nana2Too (my nana/Annika’s great-nana)
- Visiting my mom’s local library. Annika squealed with delight upon seeing their copy of Jamberry. It was promptly checked out and has been read about a zillion times.
- Annika’s lessons in running Bill’s N scale (?) train. We’ll wait a while until she can run the controls for the helicopter.
- Meeting Baby Tristan
- My “grown-up” dinner with Lisa. Grown-up = no kiddo and the rare opportunity to have a conversation that includes complete sentences!
- Joining my childhood friend Aimee and her son Josh at their weekly playdate. Their group met that week at a brand-spanking-new park in San Ramon. Annika’s eyes almost busted out of her skull when she saw all the equipment she could climb, slide and swing from.
- Enjoying Genova Delicatessen not once, but twice…so far.
- Visiting our friend’s Michael and Amy and their daughter Ava in Petaluma on a gorgeous Saturday morning, complete with bubbles, tea sets, building blocks AND homemade pizza. I can’t wait to try Michael’s crust recipe!
- Installing the swing at mom and Bill’s house. And then indulging Annika in her first-thing-in-the-morning requests for some swinging…still in her pj’s and sometime with her princess shoes on.
- Enjoying mexican food….
- Enjoying Sunday Brunch with MariAnn, Ed, Aimee, Ken, Josh, Annika and my mom. Great food, great company and a wonderfully short (good thing for the kiddos) walk over to Blackhawk Plaza to feed the ducks and the geese. Oh and playing on the climbing structure.
- Our morning with Trish and Baby Molly. Our walk to lunch and cupcakes. Not sure what Annika loved more; the cupcakes or the play area at the cupcake store! Annika was so enamored with Molly that she shared her beloved Douglas with her new little friend. Annika also made sure that she had a chance to show us that she could climb into Molly’s crib a few times.
- Our evening with Bethannee, Ray, Ian and Baby Zoe (two new babies in one day!…Annika was very impressed). Between their climbing structure, swings and trampoline…I think Annika would’ve been happy to stay behind. I’m not sure how B and Ray would’ve felt though! 🙂
- Annika’s exploration of the rickshaw at Rickshaw Bagworks.
- Our afternoon at Yerba Buena Gardens. We had a bit of time to kill before picking Chris up at the airport. Since we were in the SF (and have I mentioned the sunshine?) we made our way to YBG. Was it the huge expanse of grass? The foot bridge over Harrison, complete with a fire engine sighting? Two rides on the famous and beautifully restored Playland Carousel? Or the Zeum Playground and the GIANT slide that impressed Annika so? It’s anyone’s guess…but all I know is that this was the one and only time that Annika wasn’t exactly thrilled at hearing it was time to go to the airport and “pick up daddy”.
- Ah, the airport. Chris’ arrival was met with a “Daddy” squeal that brought tears to our eyes and a maybe a bit of envy to a few solo travelers at baggage claim.
- Enjoying more mexican food…
- Our stop at The Crucible; our visit with my friend Kristy and Chris enjoying running into old friends.
- A reunion with my college friend Julie, husband Gus and their family in Pacifica. Though 10 years have passed, it’s like we had just seen each other yesterday. Annika made herself at home at the beach, quickly communing with the sand and water. Some snacks and clandestine beers later, we made our way back to our friend’s house so that kids could bathe and we would enjoy dinner. Annika was quite fond of Jack and really enjoyed Simone’s dolls…not to mention the robe she got to borrow after her bath!
- A quick trip to Telegraph Ave. to sell some cd’s at Amoeba. My how times change. Not that many years ago we were there, spending hours flipping through music, without a care in the world…and now we are their with our daughter…spending more time in the Children’s section…who even knew that Amoeba had a children’s section!
- More mexican food.
- A visit with Nancy and her girls. Annika again was enamored with the big girls and their toys.
One could say that our dance card has been a bit full. It has, and we are doing our best to finish getting over our colds AND make the most of our visit our here in the 415/510/650/925.
Tomorrow is a visit with my dad and a trip to the zoo. Annika’s never been. This should be interesting.